What are you looking for?
Mobility Buggy Request Form
The mobility buggy is a free service, assisting people to travel around Cardiff city centre between two prearranged locations.
Mon – Thur: 08:00 to 16:00
Fri: 08:00 to 15:30
Sat – Sun: not in operation
Want to find out more? The FAQs below have all the information you need to know about using the service, or you can call 029 2087 3888.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some visitors can find it difficult to get around and enjoy the full shopping and hospitality experience. Therefore, this free to use mobility buggy service operates to assist people to travel around city centre between two locations – and because the vehicle can hold up to three passenger’s friends/family can join.
The mobility buggy travels around the city centre, including Castle Street, High Street, St Mary Street, Queen Street, The Hayes and Central Station. Visitors can book the service to travel between two locations. For example, from Central station to St David’s shopping centre, or from a shop on Queen Street to a restaurant on Mill Lane.
Unfortunately the service is not accessible for wheelchairs.
The mobility buggy can be pre-booked by completing the request form below and then a staff member will email back confirming the availability for your chosen day. Alternatively, as they operate from Cardiff Castle, you can call the buggy team on phone number and make a booking. To make sure that they can fit you in, it’s best to book at least 1 working day in advance.
When the booking is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent detailing the chosen time, pick up and drop off point. When you arrive, the driver will be waiting for you – so just show your confirmation email and enjoy the ride through the city centre.
Don’t have an email address? No problem! You can receive a text message with the information – just give the best mobile number at time of booking.
When you receive your booking confirmation, it will list the mobile number of your designated driver. Therefore, if your plans change last minute and you need to cancel, or you are running a bit late, just give the driver a call to amend the booking.
There may be occasions where the driver is held up, or the buggy might be parked in a slightly different location to the agreed pick up point. In those instances, the driver could give you a call on the mobile number given at time of booking – or you can phone the driver using the number on the confirmation email.
To make sure that the scheme can accommodate as many people as possible it is advised to book in advance. However, during quieter periods, if you see the driver parked in the city centre then please feel welcome to ask if they are available.
Cardiff Council manages the mobility buggy service and it operates from Cardiff Castle.
To request use of the Cardiff Mobility Buggy, please fill in the form below and one of our staff will be in touch to confirm availability and finalise your booking.
Please read before submitting your booking request:
- City Centre Mobility Assistance is an electric vehicle scheme for those who need help accessing the city centre.
- The vehicles can carry up to three persons only or up to two persons with a guide dog.
- The mobility service is only to be used for those who are in need of mobility assistance.
- The driver of the mobility buggy has the right to refuse passage due to unacceptable behaviour or if the passenger is deemed not to require mobility assistance.
- No drinking or eating is permitted whist a passenger is using the mobility service.
- This service is free of charge and therefore no money is to change hands.
- The mobility assistance services operates within the city centre travelling between two drop off points only and does not operate outside of the immediate city centre shopping areas.
- The mobility assistance vehicle operates between the hours of 09:00 – 17:00 on week days only.
- Passengers are asked to be respectful to the mobility buggy operator at all times.