What are you looking for?
WHAT CAN YOU WIN?
Visit Cardiff has teamed up with our partners to bring you a real Christmas cracker of a competition!
We’ll treat the winner to an exciting, festive city break, including return rail travel with Great Western Railway, plus accommodation at the 5-star voco® St David’s hotel in Cardiff Bay. To really get you in the Christmas spirit, we’ve also arranged an evening meal and drinks at the Club House in Cardiff Bay, tickets for ice skating and the Ice Bar at Cardiff’s Winter Wonderland, and to see Christmas at Bute Park’s light trail.
This prize is set for two people from Sat 17 Dec to Mon 19 Dec, so make sure you’re free to Visit Cardiff on those dates.
Read on for more details about this great prize and enter at the bottom of the page…
GREAT WESTERN RAILWAY
Leave your car at home and relax on the tracks, as you make your way to the Welsh capital from your nearest Great Western Railway station. Your outward travel, arriving at Cardiff Central, will be on Saturday 17 December, with the return journey on Monday 19 December.
Did you know that GWR runs intercity train services along the South Wales mainline to Cardiff Central station? Travel from Swansea, London Paddington, Bristol and from stations across the Southern England rail network.
VOCO® ST DAVID’S CARDIFF
Spend two nights, bed and breakfast, at the voco® St. David’s hotel in the stunning, waterfront location of Cardiff Bay. Because enjoying yourself is bound to build up an appetite, a meal at the hotel’s brand-new restaurant, Tir a Môr, is also included.
As one of Cardiff’s most luxurious hotels, voco® St. David’s is a destination that combines unrivalled five-star service with a tranquil bay-front location, jaw-dropping architecture, an award-winning spa and delicious, locally sourced food. A stay at voco St. David’s makes for a truly unforgettable festive stay in the Welsh capital.
THE CLUB HOUSE
The festive season is fast approaching and it’s time to celebrate, so prepare to get in the Christmas spirit Club House style. At Cardiff Bay’s latest nightspot, you can dig into some delicious food and drink, immerse yourself in live music, then maybe hit the dance floor and keep the party going.
Sit down to a three course Christmas meal, you’ll find something for everyone on a menu filled with seasonal delights and well-loved festive favourites. Nothing says Christmas like a festive tipple, so our winner will be treated to a welcome cocktail and a bottle of wine as well.
CARDIFF’S WINTER WONDERLAND
Get your skates on at Winter Wonderland’s undercover ice rink in the spectacular setting of Cardiff Castle. Once you’ve found your feet, glide around the grounds along the magical 150m Ice Walk; a fantastic festive experience set against the backdrop of the iconic Norman Keep.
Later, head across the road to City Hall lawn where you will chill-out (quite literally) at Winter Wonderland’s sub-zero Ice Bar. Everything is made of ice, including the walls and glasses, so you can impress your friends with snaps of this seriously cool hotspot.
CHRISTMAS AT BUTE PARK
Check out Wales’ largest ever festive lights trail, Christmas at Bute Park, is back for a second year after its triumphant debut in 2021. The 1.4 km trail meanders through the beautiful city-centre park and is set to shine even brighter than before, with several exciting new displays.
Look out for the magical Light Canyon, awash with a thousand mesmerising stars, an epic light orb of iridescent colour, and a hypnotic laser journey passing beneath a lake of lights, creating a Liquid Sky.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Prize Draw
- Entrants must be UK residents aged 18+ to participate in the prize draw.
- Each entrant will be limited to one entry into the prize draw from Monday, 7 November 2022.
- Entrants must enter their details via this webpage by 23:59GMT on Wednesday, 30 November 2022.
- The winner will be chosen at random and notified by Thursday, 01 December 2022, via telephone and email.
- The winner will have until 14:30GMT on Friday, 02 December to accept the prize or an alternative winner will be drawn.
- No purchase necessary and there is no charge to enter the prize draw.
- This prize draw terms and conditions will be governed by English law.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The promoter does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by entrants as a result of participating in the prize draw.
- Entrants are providing information to the promoter and this information will be used solely to administer the prize draw.
- The surname and UK location of the prize winner will be available by emailing within one month of the end of the prize draw.
- The promoter is Visit Cardiff, County Hall, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff, CF10 4UW.
- Entrants to the prize draw will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The prize is inclusive of return rail travel via Great Western Railway, accommodation at voco® St David’s Cardiff, a meal at Tir a Môr restaurant, tickets for ice skating and the Ice Bar at Cardiff’s Winter Wonderland, and tickets to Christmas at Bute Park.
- All elements of the prize will be provided for two adults.
- All elements of the prize must be redeemed on the dates / times indicated (see below), subject to availability.
- No cash or other alternatives will be offered, and prizes are non-transferable.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The winner’s information will be provided to the partners named above and will be used solely to administer the prize.
- Return travel on GWR services only, for two people to Cardiff Central from any other GWR served station.
- Outbound journey on Saturday, 17 December 2022.
- Return journey on Monday, 19 December 2022.
- Tickets are non-refundable and must be redeemed on dates stated.
- The tickets are for standard class coaches only.
- Accommodation for 2 people at the voco® St David’s Cardiff hotel.
- 2-night stay, bed & breakfast.
- Saturday, 17 December – Sunday, 18 December, inclusive.
- One meal for 2, lunch or dinner, at Tir a Môr restaurant (excludes alcohol).
- Three course meal for 2 people, including a welcome cocktail each and a bottle of wine.
- Saturday 17 December at 18:30.
- Tickets for 2 adults to skate at Cardiff’s Winter Wonderland.
- Sunday, 18 December 2022 at 14:45GMT.
- Tickets for 2 adults to Cardiff’s Winter Wonderland Ice Bar.
- Sunday, 18 December 2022 at 20:00GMT.
- Tickets for 2 adults to Christmas at Bute Park.
- Sunday, 18 December 2022.