What are you looking for?
Child Friendly Cardiff's Pop Up
Cardiff Council’s, Welsh Government funded, Winter of Wellbeing enters its next milestone as the Child Friendly Cardiff Pop Up opens in St David’s Shopping Centre.
Located on the first floor in the former Gap store unit, the Pop Up is part of a partnership with St David’s Centre, and the 5-week residency will offer a full, free programme of fun, creative activities for 0 to 25-years-olds, being delivered by 20 partners.
Inside the unit is a free space for children, young people and their families to relax, socialise, have fun, learn something new, find the right support, and to have their say. A mixture of seating areas, play spaces, workshops and worktops, all to enhance wellbeing.
The morning sessions will be tailored towards toddlers with early years activities. The days and afternoons are for all ages and the evenings and weekends are tailored more towards teenagers.
Activities from the following partners include:
• Cardiff and Vale College – activities including healthy eating, massage therapy, beauty and tech.
• LaLaLa Productions – early years activities.
• Democracy Box – political education activities for young people.
• Ministry of Life – music and the arts to empower young people.
• Grassroots – 16-25 advice and support.
• Arts Active – arts education and arts in the community.
• Parks – Cardiff Parks outdoor education.
• RSPB – bird and outdoor education.
• Play Wales – play advocacy.
• Into Work Advice Service – 16+ employability support for employment, education, and training.
• Cardiff Works – Cardiff Councils in-house recruitment service for a variety of roles within Cardiff Council.
• Job Centre Plus – Employability Support
• Cardiff Commitment – Work experience and more for young people
• Cardiff & Vale University Health Board – Psychology team health and wellbeing workshops.
• Love Where you Live – waste reduction and recycling education.
• Children’s Services – showcasing journey of children looked after.
• Green Squirrel – climate action and education.
• Pedal Emporium – fun cycling and sustainability activities.
• Fiery Jacks – parlour games, floor games, immersive performance.
The Child Friendly Cardiff Pop Up is part of the Winter of Wellbeing
Programme, aimed at enhancing the wellbeing of children, young people and their families by supporting future generations’ social, emotional, mental and physical wellbeing.
To see the full line up of activities in the Pop Up and the Winter of Wellbeing programme, please visit: www.childfriendlycardiff.co.uk