With the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID 19), and to get the most up to date information, please visit the venues and events specific websites or see our coronavirus (COVID 19) page for news and updates.
The Coconut Tree is bringing Sri Lankan street food to Mill Lane, Cardiff.
Enjoy the warmth of Sri Lankan hospitality & cuisine, served ‘as it comes’. Their dishes are rich in Ceylon spices with recipes going back generations from their very own parents’ kitchens. Try a traditional Hopper, Kotthu and Devilled dishes, mix these with some of their many tapas style dishes, curry to fresh wok style cooking, with Dutch & Chinese inspired dishes, all part of the Islands rich food heritage . Spoil yourself with their botanical cocotails, beers & fine wines. It’s a great place to bring a crowd or simply grab a table for two. They’re well known for groups and celebrations with some cracking play lists. Do remember to book to avoid disappointment.
- Don’t expect a napkin…….it’s a roll of paper towels
- Do expect an explosion of flavours in their dishes and sweet & fiery cocotails
- Do expect candles in half coconuts
- Don’t expect a massive food bill…but do expect to spoil yourself with drinks
- Do expect meats, fish & veggies (lots)
- Do expect warm Sri Lankan hospitality
- Don’t expect the volume to stay down too long
The Coconut Tree Mantra re: age, food choices & affordability – ‘Everyone is Welcome to the Table’.
“IT’S YOUTHFUL AND AUTHENTIC, COOL AND ENERGETIC, OUTRAGEOUSLY DELICIOUS AND IMPROBABLY AFFORDABLE – A TRUE ASSET TO OXFORD”
The nearest bus stop is on Canal Street (Stop JF) - Cardiff Bus services 1, 2 and 502
The nearest train station is Cardiff Central
029 2034 3266
The Coconut Tree, 10 Mill Lane, Cardiff, CF10 1FL