The Coconut Tree is bringing Sri Lankan street food to Mill Lane, Cardiff.
Enjoy the warmth of Sri Lankan hospitality & cuisine, served ‘as it comes’. Their dishes are rich in Ceylon spices with recipes going back generations from their very own parents’ kitchens. Try a traditional Hopper, Kotthu and Devilled dishes, mix these with some of their many tapas style dishes, curry to fresh wok style cooking, with Dutch & Chinese inspired dishes, all part of the Islands rich food heritage . Spoil yourself with their botanical cocotails, beers & fine wines. It’s a great place to bring a crowd or simply grab a table for two. They’re well known for groups and celebrations with some cracking play lists. Do remember to book to avoid disappointment.
- Don’t expect a napkin…….it’s a roll of paper towels
- Do expect an explosion of flavours in their dishes and sweet & fiery cocotails
- Do expect candles in half coconuts
- Don’t expect a massive food bill…but do expect to spoil yourself with drinks
- Do expect meats, fish & veggies (lots)
- Do expect warm Sri Lankan hospitality
- Don’t expect the volume to stay down too long
The Coconut Tree Mantra re: age, food choices & affordability – ‘Everyone is Welcome to the Table’.
“IT’S YOUTHFUL AND AUTHENTIC, COOL AND ENERGETIC, OUTRAGEOUSLY DELICIOUS AND IMPROBABLY AFFORDABLE – A TRUE ASSET TO OXFORD”
The nearest bus stop is on Canal Street (Stop JF) - Cardiff Bus services 1, 2 and 502
The nearest train station is Cardiff Central
029 2034 3266
The Coconut Tree, 10 Mill Lane, Cardiff, CF10 1FL