What are you looking for?
AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Whether you’re lucky enough to have match tickets for the Autumn Internationals, or you’re just watching in the pub with a cold one, there’s a few things you need to know.
Please be aware that the rules in Wales are different to the rest of the UK.
- NHS Covid Passes or proof of negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours before the game will be an entry requirement at Principality Stadium. You can download your Covid pass here.
- NHS Covid Passes will also be required upon entry to pubs, bars and night clubs after midnight.
- If you are visiting from the EU, you will need to provide an EU Covid certificate or a negative lateral flow test to enter.
TRAVEL & TRANSPORT
- The city gets extremely busy on match days so it’s recommended to plan your travel & transport in advance – don’t forget to consider your journey home too!
- Please see the news page for all recommended advice on road closures, trains, buses, taxis and park & ride services.
FOOD & DRINK
- You may need to fuel up to keep you going throughout the busy match day. Most bars & restaurants require advance bookings due to the high demand, browse our Eat & Drink page and reserve your table to avoid disappointment.
- Struggling to find a reservation? Head to the Festive Quarter on Working Street and grab a beer and a bratwurst for a quick power up, or wander down the famous Caroline Street to pick up a curry & chips.
- Why not make the most of your visit to Cardiff by checking out the other attractions in the City whilst you’re here? There are many incredible things to see just a stone’s throw away from Principality Stadium, including Cardiff Castle & National Museum Wales.
- Have a look at our See & Do page for some inspiration, and don’t forget to book your tickets in advance where possible.
- If you are unfamiliar with Cardiff, City Centre maps are available for download from our webpage here.
- Our Tips for Tourists page also includes some useful information, including some basic Welsh phrases you can impress your friends with!
- For Welsh rugby shirts and souvenirs, there are a number of shops to have a browse in, including WRU on Westgate Street, the Cardiff Castle gift shop & Castle Welsh Crafts just to name a few.
- Accommodation should be booked well in advance to avoid disappointment. However, if you would like a room last minute, it’s recommended to contact the hotel directly to receive the best rate. Our Stay Page lists options for all tastes and budgets from spa hotels to self-catering apartments.