What are you looking for?
Road closures for Pride Cymru 2022
To ensure Pride Cymru 2022 can be safely enjoyed by all, road closures will be put in place to prepare for the event and facilitate the parade.
In preparation for the event, from 6am on Wednesday August 24th, the bottom of King Edward VII Avenue will be closed from the junction with City Hall Road down to the war memorial.
From 6am on Thursday, August 25th, the following roads will be closed:
- Gorsedd Gardens Road from the junction with Park Place
- Museum Avenue from the junction with College Road down to City Hall
- King Edward VII Avenue up to the Glamorgan Building
- City Hall Road in its entirety.
After the celebrations, these roads in the Civic Centre will be re-opened by 6pm on August 30that the latest.
On the day of the parade – which is on Saturday August 27th– the following roads will be closed:
- From 4am until 12 noon, Windsor Place from the junction with Queen Street to the junction with Stuttgarter Strasse and Windsor Lane will be closed in its entirety
- From 9am until 2pm, there will be a full city centre road closure put in place for the parade, but North Road from Boulevard De Nantes to the junction with Column Road will also be closed. Access for buses and residents will be maintained on Westgate Street.
The full city centre road closure on August 27thincludes:
- Kingsway from the junction with North Road to the junction with Duke Street
- Cowbridge Road East from the junction with Cathedral Road to the junction with Westgate Street
- Tudor Street from the junction with Clare Road to the junction with Wood Street (access for residents and traders will be permitted via Fitzhammon Embankment)
- Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from the junctions with Despenser Place to the junctions with Tudor Street (access for residents and traders will be permitted)
- Saunders Road from the junction with St Mary Street
- Customhouse Street throughout its length (access to private car parks will be permitted)
- Penarth Road from the junction with Saunders Road to the entrance leading to the rear of the Central Train Station
- North Road up between Boulevard De Nantes to the junction with Column Road
- The following roads will be closed in their entirety: Duke Street; Castle Street; High Street; St Mary Street; Caroline Street; Wood Street; Central Square; Westgate Street; Quay Street; Guildhall Place; Golate; Park Street; Havelock Street and Scott Road
- King Edward VII Avenue; Museum Avenue; City Hall Road; College Road and Gorsedd Gardens Road.