We just can’t wait to welcome your coach group to Cardiff!
With our scenic waterfront and compact city centre, Cardiff is an ideal destination… and is closer than you think!
Easily accessible from the M4 motorway
Dedicated drop-off points and free parking areas across the city
Compact city centre
Ideal stop-off on the way to popular destinations such as Tenby
High quality shopping including department stores, high street and independents
World-class entertainment venues including Wales Millennium Centre and Motorpoint Arena
High-profile sporting events
Incentives for coach drivers and group leaders
National Museum Cardiff
St Fagans National Museum of History
Royal Mint Experience
Rhondda Heritage Park
Information for Coach Groups:
There are several convenient spots across the city for passenger pick-up and drop-off. Please see the maps for locations.
A. North Road (Northbound) – 4 spaces in lay-by. Ideal for Cardiff Castle and city centre. CF10 3EW
B. North Road (Southbound) Friary Gardens Bus Stand – 2 spaces. Ideal for Cardiff Castle and city centre. CF10 3HH
C. National Museum, Gorsedd Gardens Road – 3 spaces. Waiting limited to 15 minutes. No return within 1 hour, between 0900 and 2300. CF10 3NP
D. International Sports Village, outside Viola Ice Arena – 2 spaces. Waiting limited to 20 minutes. No return within 1 hour. CF11 0JS
2. Corbett Road – 5 spaces, first come first served. Ideal for city centre and university. CF10 3UP
3. Red Dragon Centre – for parties visiting the complex, first come first served. CF10 4JY
4. Lloyd George Avenue (The Flourish) – special exemption to park in the bus stop, 6 spaces, first come first served. CF10 4QH
5. Bute Place – 4 spaces, first come first served. Ideal for Wales Millennium Centre and other Bay attractions. CF10 4AA
6. Pierhead Street – 4 spaces, first come first served. CF10 4PH
7. Churchill Way – 3 spaces, first come first served. CF10 2HJ (outside Ibis Hotel). Please be aware that this if often very busy.
For coach parking for events, such as at Principality Stadium, please check Cardiff Council’s website.
We are pleased to offer coach drivers complimentary refreshments as part of our welcome to Cardiff.
At Cardiff Castle, coach drivers can enjoy refreshments up to the value of £5.00.
During the Christmas season (8 November 2019 – 4 January 2020), there is also the option of a drink and food item at Winter Wonderland.
These incentives must be booked in advance and we will email you a voucher or alternatively arrange for collection at our Tourist Information Centre. Please use the enquiry form below for booking.
We want all our visitors to receive a warm Welsh welcome!
FOR Cardiff’s Ambassadors can meet your party from the coach and provide maps and information. This service is free but subject to availability and requires advanced booking.
Please use the enquiry form below for booking.