Home of the Cardiff Blues.
Cardiff Arms Park is one of the most famous grounds in Welsh rugby, right in the heart of Cardiff city centre. It is named after the old hotel which originally stood on the site in the 17th Century.
Cardiff RFC and the Welsh national team made it their home in the late 1800s, originally the Arms Park had a cricket ground to the north and a rugby union stadium to the south.
Throughout the 20th Century a mixture of stands were created, demolished and redeveloped to accommodate the ever-increasing crowds, with floodlights introduced in 1966. In the 1970s, a new national stadium was built on the site of the original Arms Park, and a new ground (the current holder of the Cardiff Arms Park name) was built just to the South. However, the new national ground soon wasn’t big enough to cope with the demand for Welsh rugby, and it was demolished and re-built as the Millennium Stadium in 1999, which now towers over the South Stand.
Today the Arms Park is the home of the Cardiff Blues rugby team.
Directions from the West
1. Exit M4 at Junction 33
2. Take 3rd exit at the roundabout
3. Head south on A4232 towards City Centre
4. Take 2nd exit off A4232 towards Cardiff City stadium onto B4267
5. Once under railway bridge turn right at traffic lights onto Wellington St
6. At next set of lights head straight on onto Cowbridge Rd
7. Pass through next set of lights onto Castle St and get into right hand lane
8. Turn right at next set of lights onto Westgate St
Cardiff Arms Park is on your right.
Directions from the North
1. Once on A470 south drive under M4 (Junction 30)
2. Continue south on Northern Boulevard.
3. Go through 5 sets of traffic lights
4. At the sixth set keep to the right around the pub and head onto flyover.
5. Continue towards City centre following North Rd
6. Continue onto Kingsway/A4161 past Cardiff castle
7.At Park Hotel (on left) turn left at Westgate St.
Cardiff Arms Park is in front of you.
Limited Parking is available on match days. Nearest public car park is Westgate St NCP opposite the Millennium Stadium.
By rail: The Stadium is situated within five minutes walk of Cardiff Central Railway Station.
By bus: Cardiff Central Bus Station is a connection point for national coach services. Millennium Stadium is situated within five minutes walk of Cardiff Central Bus Station which is located next to Cardiff Central Railway Station.
Walking directions from the Cardiff Central Rail & Bus Station
1. With the rail station behind you take the right hand exit
2. Head towards Wood St junction.
3. Cross at the lights and turn right.
4. At the next junction turn left onto Westgate St.
5. Follow Westgate St past the Millennium Stadium on your left
6. Cardiff Arms park is on your left down the ramp.
+44 (0)29 2030 2000
BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park,